He is another musician I have not had an opportunity to listen in person and added to that is the fact that I was quite unaware of him and his music for what i can say were my early listening time. Obviosuly it was my shortcoming and perhaps lack of initiative in looking for high quality musicians in those days.
It was indeed a rude surprise that I got to know of him and his music from my aunt Late Savitri Satyamurthy (violin) who used to accompany him in a lot of concerts. She not only got me hooked into his music but also helped me in getting hold of a copy of his Music Academy concert of 1985 !! One of the recordings below has my aunt accompanying in a radio concert 🙂
All I can say is that I enjoy his music tremendously and his unique approach in employing gamakams from minimal to the so called normal levels brings out a beauty that are beyond my ability to explain. One composition that left an indelible mark is ‘vEl edutta kaiyyE ‘ in toDi – not a very often heard composition.
Click here to go to the page
I have been receiving a number of requests on how one can download the mp3 files rather than have to stream the music all the time. I am sure people with some technical knowledge would have figured out this by now.
It is quite simple. Here is what you want to do on the page containing the music:
- Click on the right mouse button and you will see a popup with a bunch of options
- Select the ‘View Page Source’ option; note the exact text may differ between browsers
- You will see that a new tab will open up with a load of HTML code
- On this tab, click Ctrl and F keys together and you will a search box display – the location of this varies from browser to browser.
- Search for “src=”https://shankarkrish”
- The browser will point to one of the entries with the full mp3 file URL. For example “https://shankarkrish.s3.amazonaws.com/Music/MSG/54%20PSI-MSG-MSA-TVG%20Air.mp3”
- Open a new tab in the browser and copy this URL to the URL area
- You will see the audio controls and the music start playing
- With the mouse on the audio control, click on the right mouse button and select the ‘Save video/audio as’ – this will save the file to your computer.
Let me know if you have any issues.
BTW you will be doing me a favor by downloading the mp3 files. I have these files sitting on Amazon cloud where storage is cheap, but I also get charged when people stream or download the files. I don’t mind these charges which are actually pretty small. If you download and listen from your own machines, then Amazon will not charging me 🙂